Value of RPA in the Office
Shareholder ValueLets’ face it, money talks! When your company is dependent upon the interest of shareholders, it’s important that you understand these bottom-line, financial benefits of engaging Robotic Process Automation;
- Quick ROI – In only 1 year, as much as 1,000 %.
- Operational Efficiency – Doing more work without hiring more people.
- Improved Compliance – Reducing effects of human errors and inconsistencies of manual work.
- Scalable – Scaling Bots for peak demand is automated or requires little work. In contrast, hiring and training temporary staff is just another repetitive and manual time waster.
- Adaptable – If the process changes, updating Bots is quick and easy, with central systems. Re-training staff is slow and resource-intensive.
- Workforce Flexibility – Ability to redeploy Bots or delegate staff to the roles they’re best suited to, as needed.
Employee ValueMost people want to be doing more interesting work. Bots help us address that self-actualisation need by letting us get rid of repetitive tasks that can be done automatically, and without much creative investment. When businesses assign lower-level tasks to Bots, employees can dedicate their time to plant new creative seeds and enrich more complex and more lucrative top projects. This brings efficiency to both the employee and the organisation.
“RPA takes the robot out of the human” – Mary C. Lacity & Leslie P. WillcocksYou may have already seen, or even felt the effect of boredom in the office – when employees get into the slumber mode, their work suffers, the team suffers and the business as a whole suffers. So how do Bots bring value to your staff? They let them:
- Focus on more rewarding tasks, where employees can add more value.
- Learn new skills to enrich their portfolio and their position in the company.
- Work output quality and amount are increased, which reflects good on people and teams.
Customer ValueBusinesses eventually exist for the benefit of their customers. Keeping them happy should be your number one priority, one you can substantially strengthen by automating your business with RPA. When Bots serve your employees, your customers get:
- Improved service quality. There are fewer (read: no) mistakes.
- Faster service delivery. Bots are simply faster at performing tasks than humans.
- Consistent service. Bots process tasks the same every single time.
- 24/7 availability. Bar the exceptional server issue, Bots are always-on With SLAs of 99.9%, there will be almost no need to calculate potential “time off”.
- Enhanced customer journeys. More data can be surfaced, and you can take additional actions, for instance, step-by-step notifications or a backlog of what has been done already.
- Full-time equivalent (FTE) savings result in high ROI.
Finally, an overview of the top key benefits of automating your office with RPA:
Ultimate Bots Benefits Checklist
- 24/7 availability
- Instant scalability
- Operational reportability
- Frictionless processing
- Standardised service
- Reduced error rates
- Improved business-wide results